23 Oct 2011

Buddhism and Us. A disclaimer.





This is Dogen Zenji. He was the founder of Soto style of Zen Buddhism in Japan. The other prominent style of Zen Buddhism is Rinzai.
ZEN BASTARDS MC IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR A REPRESENTATION OF SOTO OR RINZAI STYLE OF BUDDHISM OR ANY FORM OF BUDDHISM.

That is not to say that I don't personally "classify" myself, ROB, as a Buddhist. I do my best to follow the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama, the "original" Buddha (not the fat guy we associate as Buddha here in America...just cuz you saw a statue at your local Chinese cuisine establishment doesn't mean it is historical evidence...)
as well as the teachings provided to us by a one Mr. Dogen Zenji especially those provided in the Shobogenzo. I am a recovering alcoholic and addict. I am currently doing my best to remain sober. I love my brothers, in my Sangha, in my MC, and all those in between. I will stand up for any and all of them to the end. I condone nothing, I represent nothing.

For me this blog is a way to share bullshit, about mine and my brother's in arms chopper builds, music and maybe a little philosophy here and there. Just remember, we are not a representation of anything in particular.

Just had to get that off my chest, thank you. I love you all.
Oh yeah, and here is a better representation of the historical Buddha, a one Siddhartha Gautama. For those of you who really thought it was a fat Chinese dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment