29 Dec 2011

Leavin today on a rebuild road trip

Rob and I will be leaving in a few hours to spend the long weekend in a shop rebuilding my shovel motor from top to bottom. We are going to meet up with Evan in mesa, az, and do the work at his shop. He has been kind enough to work out a trade with me so that all parts, labor, and facilities for the rebuild are covered and the only real cost will be getting there and back. The best part is I will be driving home Monday with a fresh shovel!

I'll take lots of pics and post all about the process when we get back. Maybe we can make a zen bastards how-to feature on it...a top to bottom rebuild on an amf cone shovel seems like a good diy tech post.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck dodgin the road and shop gremlins bro. Cant wait to see and hear your frankenstein this summer

    ReplyDelete