6 May 2012

It's been too long, but...

There's always a 'but', isn't there? Extenuating circumstances and budget problems aside, I finally found someone who apparently knows how to weld properly through my neighbor. With any luck, I will actually get the bungs I need welded PROPERLY in the next week or so and have a pic of this gorgeous Shovel mounted in its frame along with the tanks and fender that go with it. As soon as I get my brakes from FabKevin I'll be able to get measurements for my wheel spacers, too!

Any opinions on spacer material? I've been contemplating brass, but the Paughco spacer kit in chrome could prove to be a cheaper option in the end. Brake calipers will be gold Nissin four-pots, for reference.

I'm thinking the frame should be satin/semi-gloss black to offset Topher's metalflake pearl on the tins. Been pondering a pearl kinda thing for the brake caliper brackets from FabKevin. Any opinions there?

PS-I'm officially jealous of everyone riding already, and will trade a RAD Shovel for a running chop just to get out and feel the wind, hahaha..

5 comments:

  1. Patient you will be, the head of shovel does the Force possess . . . reward enough will this justify, young Jedi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tractor motor is looking fucking TIGHT, mang. Stick it out, don't let impatience be your guide.
    As if I've EVER been someone whose advise should be considered...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I needed that! It does look pretty good, right? Should go pretty well, too. J&E forged pistons and rings, .050 bore over stock, Andrews AB cam, kibblewhite valves, electronic ignition, old-stf oiling reroute, and all kinds of fresh new bits from rocker shafts to lower end bushings and bearings, and a (hopefully) good lower end balance job, with a souped-up S&S super e to let it breath properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE man. . .i am jealous of your beautiful power plant! I agree with these guys brother, stick it out! It will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back for a quicky Pat, having read the brief on the internals etc . . . if you part with it I'll fly over, come and drag you off base and club you with your own fist !!! As Crazy Dave said, stick it out brother, oh yeah !!!

    ReplyDelete