25 Jan 2012

BEER REVIEW!

I Love seeing titties like the beautiful lady below, but.... I also like looking at titties while drinking a beer.

We have all tried Guinness Stout I'm sure, but have we had Guinness Foreign Extra?!!

"Foriegn Extra Stout is brewed with generous hops and roasted barley for a bittersweet balance and full-flavored natural bite. Developed for global export from Ireland, the addition of the extra hops ensured that this stout would arrive in perfect condition. Today it is enjoyed  by millions around the world"


The head and lacing are a light brown color opposed to the creamy white we usually see our Guinness here in the states. There is a bit more hoppiness to it, but not much. I thought I would be able to taste more of it. What I can feel however is a more beer carbonation, not the tiny micro bubbles we have here in our pint "o" guiny, but an actual "beer bubble" you can see in my glass the difference, Look at how large the "lacing" is on the side!

I'm a fan of American brewed Guinness, but this is at a different level... It really is fantastic. It sits on the tongue a bit longer, and actually is a wee bit more bitter, but it is great!!! I'm screwed though because this is running almost 2x the price here locally.

Bearpaws you part native firewater imbiber....


5 comments:

  1. i saw it at the store, i need to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had English guiness. It's good, pretty filling stuff though. Yeah sort of bitter and very dark. I'd say thumbs up to guiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does have a slightly different taste. I saved 2 bottles, I'm probably going after work today to grab a standard US brewed guinness and try them side by side. I think some of the differences will be more apparent side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read this at 6A.M. I'm left craving a beer... Have you ever heard the song good rats by the Bouncing Souls? It's a song about when the band toured the original Guinness brewery. During the tour they were told that after years of not cleaning the vats where the brew fermented the maintenance crew finally cleaned them. After they cleaned them the brew masters couldn't get the beer to taste right again. After messing with the recipe with no improvement they finally went and talked with the maintenance crew that cleaned the vats. the maintenance crew said they found hundreds of rat bones in the bottom of the vats. I guess the rats couldn't resist the tasty goodness and fell in while they were taking a drink and drowned. I guess you could say that was the secret ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO SHIT rats really. . . thats crazy!!

    ReplyDelete