21 Jan 2012

CALLING ALL MEMBERS!

MEMBERS:
If you're wearing a patch, or even if you have a patch sitting around that you STILL haven't managed to get sewed onto anything yet, I need you to show your smiling face by posting up on the blog! Seriously, just put up something letting everybody know what you've been up to, what state your bike is in, what you've been stoked on lately...etc. Also, SHOW US A PIC OF YOU IN YOUR CUT! If you're a Zen Bastard, and you are proud to be a patch holder, LET US SEE YOU ROCK THAT PATCH. Don't be shy, be proud! Sound off with where your head is at lately, and let everybody see how that psychedelic sugarskull is lookin these days!

I'll start it off:

-Y'all know who I am, and most know I'm laid up at the moment from a recent knee surgery.
-My shovelhead is STILL coming along SLOWLY...I was hoping to get stuff done while I'm recuperating, but it looks like most of the work will have to wait until I get healed up.
-Anyone who wants to come down to el paso and lend a wrenching hand (especially if you want to bring a portable mig or tig setup!) is more than welcome!
-I've also been checkin out this site i just found to get ideas for planning the summer meet-up.

Here's some pics...I'll show you mine if you show me yours...



yeah, that evo motor is long gone, and the shovel looks better anyway...the zombie bmx bars from steffan look killer on the redneck engineering springer, too, but you'll have to use your imagination a bit for right now. once the tins show up, i can get all my locations mocked up and bungs welded in, but you get the general idea.




the swelling and bruising has gone down a bit since this pic was taken, and i just got my staples out. still hurts like a sonofabitch, though. if you're curious, they implanted a cadaver meniscus (that's right i have zombie cartilage in my knee!) and sawed through my tibia to realign it with a wedge and bolted it back together with a plate and screws (oh yeah, i got titanium in my bones...race ready edition, lightweight and fully reinforced!)






i've taken the 'm' and 'c' off in solidarity since this was taken(again, not mandatory but would be a respectful gesture to members in tight political areas). i've also added a patch or two on the left front side, but this is what my back looks like...






i'm thinkin of using this for either a neck badge or maybe on the backbone between the seat and the tank. what do you guys think?

3 comments:

  1. the sad thing is,you should have to beg for members to post.
    go read the emails dudes.
    xoxo
    Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I've already gotten two pics from supporters of their support patches sewn on, but not a word from members? Cmon you bastards, show em what you're workin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely rock that as a neck badge!

    ReplyDelete