24 Jan 2012

Trying to bring performance out of my 01 sporty on a budget. . Anybody got any ideas or knowledge on the subject would appreciate it. Right now its sitting in the garage with the carb tore off and a lonely S&S intake hanging on. Waiting on my throttle cables to arrive so i can finish the job. I also have yet to complete my exhaust project. I don't have a tig to weld the stainless and and also have never ran a tig before and would be pretty bummed if i fuck up the welds. May take it down to the local welder for finishing but would also like to say i did it myself ( i'm sure you all would agree with me on that). Once thats all done i'm planning on changing out the rear fender and relocating the lights and lic. plate. Would love a spoked out rear 16. . but like i said before money is tighter than virgin pussy so gotta keep dreamin for now.

3 comments:

  1. Ok this sounds like alot, send the heads to me , I will polish out the intake and exhaust, and the carb manifold, nothing major just remove casting marks and open her a tiny bit, and I can deck the heads .008-.010 raising you compression just a tad, have a tuner in your area jet the carb right, get a little bit better flowing exhaust then stock (nothing too crazy), and she will scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that 2into1 with the turn out section is going to flow excellently, and I can't wait to see it finished! There's no shame in having a pro finish some welding for you if you don't have the equipment. You may need a little bit of back pressure for low rpm torque, but I think the crazy dave special pipes are gonna be the shit! I have some performance related stocking stuffers I was gonna give you for your birthday, but if you want them early before the riding season...let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bearpaws. . How much cost brother? and is it pretty hard to remove heads? require engine pull? You think stroking it would be a good idea or waste of money? Pat. . Save the gifts for the occasion unless they burning a hole in your pocket. it really up to you brother!

    ReplyDelete